Gosforth Fields Sports Association
The GFSA are looking for someone to run & promote the Facilities at every opportunity.
Are you looking for a varied role within Hospitality and Leisure where you can really make a difference?
GFSA is a charitable organisation set up with the amalgamation of 2 football clubs and a rugby club and we’re looking for someone to take over from the current Facilities Manager who’s retiring after 12 years service.
GFSA’s facilities comprise of an 8 changing room clubhouse, complete with a bar/social room, office, commercial kitchen and snack kiosk. We’re proud to have 8 football pitches and 2 rugby pitches and a 3G pitch.
Summary of main duties and responsibilities to include:
Manage the bar on match days and evenings during the week to include:
- Customer Service
- Cellar management
- Staff recruitment and management
- Negotiation with suppliers
- Manage the outside caterers and kiosk
- Finance and budgetary responsibilities
Other income generation
- Sales of other events to generate income for the GFSA
- Room hire for birthday parties, festive parties weddings, etc.. .
- Commercial Business Meetings
- Coming up with new ideas or looking at ideas generated by others to increase sales
- Looking at funding opportunities including with the FA and RFU and associated reporting.
Manage the pitch and changing room allocation
- Booking the 3 clubs fixtures in
- Coordination of various changes across the season
- Sales of spare capacity of the 3G pitch to other clubs, organisations or for private use
- Manage the building, car park, grounds and pitch maintenance working with contractors and volunteers
- Pre planned and reactive maintenance
- Work with the GFSA and local community groups to continue to make the Facility somewhere we’re all proud of.
- On call for emergencies call outs
Necessary skills and experience required
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Strong Negotiation skills
- The ability to multitask
- Commercial Acumen
- Finance and Budget Management
Preferred but not essential as training can be given
- Experience of working within hospitality and leisure
- Cellar Management
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus stats & pension
To apply please send your CV to John Morris email@example.com